How to Copy Background Patterns using Content Aware Fill :
This might be useful in the situation when you want to make a poster but the picture you want to use does not fit the frame. In this situation you could copy the color to the background but what if it’s a pattern instead of a solid color ? This tutorial will help you to fill the empty area with the pattern.
Follow the steps shown in the video or continue reading :
Step by step tutorial for how to copy background patterns using content aware fill
- Put the picture inside the frame and leave the extra space empty
- Make a selection of area including the pattern of the image and empty area.
- Go to edit menu and select fill or press the shorcut key [shift+backspace]
- Now in this window, contents should be set to content-aware. This tells the photoshop to understand the image in the selection area and try to fill the empty area with the same image.
- Press ok. Now you will see that it’s done. This feature is not perfect and it totally depends on the type of image selected. If the pattern is easy to understand then photoshop does a good work.
It’s very specific but useful many times. If you are getting the desired result then try adjusting the selection area or the image itself. This works perfectly fine on studio images. The images which have a plain, shaded or textured background. You can copy the color by normal methods but you cannot copy the texture right ? Try filling with content aware.
I hope you like this tutorial. If you like it then send your opinions in the comments section down below. Check out my other tutorials as well HERE.
Follow me on other platforms and stay updated.
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube | Blog